Frequently Asked Questions
- A Screen (projector screen, smartboard. monitor or TV)
- A Device (computer, laptop, iPad)
- A WiFi Connection
- Latest version of Chrome Web Browser onto your Device
You can decide! Depending on the options you choose each session is between 25mins and 45mins.
We are truly a team in the delivery of this program and cannot create a successful experience without your help. Your role involves three things:
- Captain The Ship: We will motivate your students to make choices throughout their Experience but it is your hands that are on the steering wheel. Be ready to count the number of student votes and input their choices into the system so that they can experience a real sense of control and engagement. There is a count-down timer visible at each choice-point (between 30-45 seconds depending on choice). When the time runs out, the interactive system will automatically proceed with the FIRST option. If, for any reason, you wish to refrain from submitting the student’s choice, the Experience will proceed, without interaction, through to the end of the session.
- Lead Your Crew: We have integrated a wealth of tools and tricks to elevate student participation. That being said, we are no replacement for you, their educator! Please help your students maintain focus and participate in the program.
- Dance: Seriously. It will be awesome and your students will love you for it.
We know that no two groups of students are alike, so we have assigned each workshop with a colour based on the speed, delivery style, and themes used. This gives YOU the autonomy to choose programming that fits the needs of your students. Which means you can meet your students exactly where they are at and help them experience total success!
Your registration gives you unlimited Workshop-Access for either 1, 3, 6, or 9 months depending on the package purchased. During this time you will also have access to additional videos, activities, and resources that are added on an ongoing basis.
The world of SK InterACTIVE is a living ecosystem! Content is being added, updated, and improved all the time by a dedicated team of artists and educators. Although the core content of your Workshops will not change, you may notice improvements and new fun functionalities pop up as you progress. So please, if you feel that any element of your Experience could be improved upon, let us know!
At various points throughout the experience, the on-screen instructor will invite the students to make a choice. It is up to you to quickly tally the votes for each option and submit the winning option into the system. There is a count-down timer visible at each choice-point (between 30-45 seconds depending on choice) and when the time runs out, the interactive system will automatically proceed with the FIRST option. If, for any reason, you wish to refrain from submitting the student’s choice, the Experience will proceed, without interaction, through to the end of the session.
A combination of Artists, School Teachers, Administrators, Curriculum Consultants, and the students we’ve worked with for the past 12 years have informed our approach to SK InterACTIVE. This is not a YouTube dance channel filled with talking fish and cartoon rocket ships that pull students into another world. On the contrary, we aim to keep students in this world and in their bodies. So although SK InterACTIVE certainly has its share of flash, you will notice that the quantity and timing of this flash is highly intentional and used to re-engage rather than distract.
You can modify your SK InterACTIVE Experience to fit the time you have available. Every session includes a Build Up, Mindful Movement, The Combo, Culture Flash, and a Mission. As long as you cover The Combo, you can proceed to the following Session during your next class.
We play nice.
Our website is a user-friendly learning platform. But, we also integrate with other commonly used platforms like Moodle, Google Classrooms or Brightspace D2L. So if you are more comfortable sticking with what you know, we’ve got you! We can either share an embedded link of our content so that you can upload it to whichever platform you feel most comfortable with, OR we can do the set up for you on the platform of your choosing.
When booking your Workshops, you will receive both an Educator Account and a Student Account. Students may access the Workshops through this account. If you wish for each student to have their own account, this is also possible and easy to set-up!